Not Enough Time

Not Enough Time.. a song by the musical group INXS...the words play in my mind as December runs its course.  The holiday season may seem that it began as soon as the first leaf fell down from a tree.  I think this year they had holiday decorations up before we ever sat down to a dinner to give thanks.  I keep in mind as I write this that we all have different faiths and different beliefs so as to not offend or close a door to any one faith or belief.  Besides, this post is not about any doctrine or dogma..it is about time.  Time is something we all have, and we all feel like we don't have enough of as the song implies...for all that I want.  Make time stop... How can we make time stop?  How can we create more time?  I struggle with this myself as I know we all do.  I cannot tell you the answer for yourself.  Hopefully, I can tell you my own ways to create balance in this chaotic season.

While I enjoy spontaneous moments as much as anyone and maybe even more so; my life makes me schedule important things.  Many think I don't sleep to keep up with all that I have going on.  Sleep is another important subject, but for now we will focus on time as I would like to inform you just how important sleep is in another post.  Ok so getting to it..what is the magical answer? To demonstrate the answer I would like to give you an example that I encourage you to do right this instant.  For the next 2 minutes I want you to take your phone or note the time and watch the clock or timer.. And count to 5 as you breathe in envisioning the word in your mind Breathe, and then hold counting 1-2, lastly you will exhale again counting to 5 as you see the word exhale in your mind.  Do this now for 2 mins... So stop reading this now.. I will be waiting for you to come back to the page.
:
:
:
Ok, so how do you feel?  You just took 2 whole minutes to stop and just breathe.  For me breathing or meditating gives the feeling of making time stop and stand still or at the very least slow down.
Did you feel your mind get focused and feel your body?  Did you notice tension in your shoulders, and maybe tightness in your head?  Did you thirst for water?  Did you notice you were thinking about how you felt in that moment without attachment to any situation or anybody else's feelings or needs placed upon you?

You must always put yourself first.  Today was Day1 for you.  Congratulations!  You took 2 whole minutes for yourself.  You did one thing differently and for you.  Instead of making one long boring post about how to make more time for yourself..I am going to show you each day with one baby step; you can transform yourself as much or as little as you want.  Did breathing give you more time in a day? Of course not!  What it did give you is awareness of how just little time it takes to give your life and choices back to your control without feeling overwhelmed.  A simple breathing technique can be done anywhere and at any time.  Do it while you drive or at a stop light or maybe during a commercial while you watch your favorite program tonight.  Awareness of your choices and what serves you to meet your goals for the day each day is you climbing a mountain one step at a time.
Come back tomorrow for another magical secret..
For today just breathe,
Everything Zen Massage
www.everythingzenmassage.abmp.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Enough Time Still? Part 3